Friday, April 30, 2010

Letter Home 05-22-1944

Monday 1530

05-22-1944
Hello Darling:

We had a rather un-busy day today. At least my flight did. We were supposed to fly the last mission this afternoon, but they just called flying off.

It is a good thing they did too, because two of us missed the truck to go down to the line. We though it was 3 o’clock, and instead they left at 2:30. I don’t know if they would have fired us or not, but I am happy that I don’t have to find out.

We had a lecture this morning on Jap naval craft. It was very dull, and uninteresting. They had the same thing again this afternoon. That is the way they work their lectures. If you are flying either in the morning or afternoon you can still attend the lecture, because they have the same one twice.

I just took stock of my laundry situation, and find it very bad. They did have some kind of a laundry service down at the bottom of the hill. I hope it is still going! Otherwise your lazy husband will have to play laundress one of these days.

I guess that is all I have to talk about today sweetheart. Except my lovely wife. I always like to talk about her. On account of I love her so much.

Love George?

No comments: