Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Letter Home 05-20-1944

Saturday 2100

05-20-1944

Hello Darling:

We had a fairly busy day today. Even though we are not ambitious we do like the days we are busy best. It makes the time go faster a trifle at least.

We had a flight up around Dobodura and Salamoa. I enjoy those rides. Most likely I am spelling those names wrong. They have such fancy named places around here that I have trouble pronouncing them. Let alone spell them.

This afternoon we had to see the dentist. They lost our dental identification records somewhere, so they had to make new ones. In the process of examining our teeth the dentist naturally found two cavities of mine. I don’t know when they are going to be filled. I wonder too what kind of tools the guy might have to work with! I don’t like dentists anyway and they may be even rougher here.

Tonight we had another nice lengthy lecture. It was on plane identification, and took 2 ½ hours. On each plane they had some old pilots around here tell of their experience with the types that may be in this area. It was interesting in that way at least.

The boys got back from their trips today. They had been weathered in there. However they could not find any mail. We were all fairly sure there would be some, but no dice. That is getting to be monotonous isn’t it? I mean my talking about the lack of mail all the time. From now on I won’t mention it honey. If my letters also get monotonous from carrying on a one sided correspondence till I do get mail though, please excuse it eh?

I love you sweetheart. All the time you are in my thoughts, and really near to me even if we are thousands of miles apart. I love you!

Love George?

No comments: