Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letter Home 06-11-1944

Sunday 1500

06-11-1944

Hi Honey:

A couple of the boys in the hut are eating, and I can’t see how they do it. Not the fact that they are eating is what gets me. It is what they are eating. A can of bully beef no less! As far as I am concerned we get that often enough in the mess hall.

We just came back from a meeting, and at the meeting we found out that we won’t be doing much from now on around here. They are going to start working the new pilots. All we will have to do is attend a few lectures for the rest of the week. Unless they change the schedule.

After the meeting they sold our monthly ration of cigars. Each man got 3. I managed to get 3 from one of the boys that doesn’t smoke, so I am all set. I enjoy a cigar occasionally, and it will also help stretch my cigarettes.

We are all hoping and praying that the war in Europe ends soon. Then perhaps they can send all that power from there over here, and polish off these Japs that much sooner.

The quicker it all ends, and I get home to you, the better I will like it. I think we ought to have fun playing house together for keeps!

I love you lots and lots darling. Take good care of you for me won’t you? I love you.

Love George?

No comments: