Saturday, July 10, 2010

Letter Home 07-10-1944

Monday 1630

07-10-1944

Hello Darling:

I hear that we have a show tonight, so best I try writing to you before supper. I hope we have something good tonight.

We were just discussing a couple of rumors we have been hearing. One is that after being over here 10 months they intend to send the boys home for 2 months. Then bring them back here to their old outfit. That is not supposed to start for some time though, so I don’t know if this time we put in until then will count or not.

Another rumor is that once a guy gets sent home he stays there. So you see we can’t believe anything. All we can do is wait to see what happens. At any rate I doubt if anything will happen to us for a year or so anyway.

I was on a mission the other day up over Biak and Noemfoor, but we did not see anything but our own planes. We have a tough time finding Japs these days.

It must be coming on towards the rainy seasons around here. It has rained every night for the past 5 nights. Also we had a couple of day’s rain and bad weather. We don’t complain about rain at night. When that happens we can be fairly sure of a good night’s sleep. The bombers like a nice clear night to do their work.

We are feeling the lack of mail quite a bit these days. We don’t really expect any for a few more weeks, but that doesn’t stop us from missing it.

It is nigh on to being time to eat. Maybe I better leave you for now. You will still be with me though all the time in my heart.

I suppose that is because I love you so much. Could be! Anyway I do love you – but definitely.

Love George

No comments: