Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Letter Home 05-01-1944

Monday 8 AM

05-01-1944

Hello Darling:

Here we go again on another day of leisure. At least we have not been given anything to do yet. I guess they still haven’t got their school set up ready.

They may be waiting till they get more of the boys in here, and have their personal affairs straightened out. Such as going to the finance office ect.

Nearly all the rest of our boys arrived yesterday afternoon. We feel like old timers now that these guys are here. Even if we don’t know much about what the score is; they know less than that.

The boys are sitting here cleaning their 45’s. Maybe I had best take a look at mine to see that it is not getting rusty. I may want to go hunting with it some day.

I was thinking yesterday how I had been talking to you on the phone two weeks ago. I guess that would be today back home. I sure wish I could do it again, but it will probably be a little longer before I get the chance again.

Since we are not doing much, I don’t have much to say. Except that I love you – but definitely!

Love George (a little?)

No comments: